The NextGen Pastor will provide leadership to the various staff, volunteers and ministry teams within the Birth to Young Adult age groups. He or she will define and protect an overarching purpose and strategy so that all age groups are working towards the common goal of the church’s mission and vision. Must be strategically minded, administratively skilled, and intentional with recruiting and development of teams within the scope of the next generation of Fully Surrendered Followers of Christ.
The NextGen Pastor will also possess a pastoral heart that can lead staff, volunteers, parents, and kids/students in a relational ministry style as he or she serves as the chief communicator of vision in these areas.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
• Humble—willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
• Hungry—possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
• Smart—equipped with both technical skills and people skills. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. Is self-aware and knows how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
We are also looking for a person who:
• Has a heart for leadership development and also the skills to supervise and manage people.
• Is enthusiastic, engaging, motivated and strategic.
• Is a disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with God and a desire to serve the church.
• Has spiritual gifts appropriate for this position, such as pastoring, leadership, and teaching.
• Exhibits a lifestyle congruent with the biblical qualifications for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus1:5-9).
• Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in education, Christian ministry, biblical studies, or related field.
• Has experience in NextGen Ministry specifically.
1. CHAMPION EVERY AGE GROUP – Inspire the church family to say yes to the next generation through investing in their future now. Provide multigenerational influence as kids move through the phases of growth and development by ensuring that loving and committed adults connect, share, and invest in their lives. The NextGen Pastor ensures a connective and cohesive ministry strategy as kids move from one age group to another.
2. ALIGN LEADERS – Coach staff, volunteers and ministry teams of Kids, Youth and Young Adults to understand the primary values and objectives that align with the overall vision of the church. Work together with teams toward common goals and ministry practices. Meet with teams regularly to maintain intentionality and gauge effectiveness in raising up the next generation.
3. ASSIST MINISTRY – Serve your staff, leaders and volunteers by equipping them with what is necessary for both success and joy within their roles. This includes making sure the tools, resources, and knowledgeability are provided to be genuinely helpful in the following areas: building a relational ministry style, effective and efficient communications, and creating inspiring and engaging environments for both volunteers, parents, and kids/students. Provide oversight into curriculum selection, development, and effectiveness.
4. PARTNER WITH PARENTS – Find ways to genuinely partner with parents in raising their children by engaging every parent in their role of providing spiritual development. This includes resourcing parents, ensuring consistent communication with parents, and training leaders and volunteers to partner with parents in our commitment to helping the next generation grow into Fully Surrendered Followers of Christ.
5. PROMOTE SERVICE AND CHURCH INVOLVEMENT—Create consistent opportunities for kids and teenagers to serve. This includes creating opportunities for children, youth and young adults to serve as a volunteer in the regular weekly ministries and worship services of the church.