Congregational Care & Prayer Director
The Care & Prayer Director shepherds the people of Covenant Church with pastoral care/counseling and leads the prayer team.
You are a natural leader, with effortless people skills. People always come to you for advice. You know that ministry is your calling. And for you, helping people grow in a healthy and safe environment is the most rewarding part of that calling. Looking for a place where you can plant yourself and do the most good? That’s where we come in.
Covenant Church’s mission is to equip people to know God, find freedom, discover their purpose, and make a difference. Covenant isn’t a building – it’s people. And the Congregational Care & Prayer Director is our touchpoint to the people in our church. From weddings to memorials, giving much-needed counsel and making hope-inspiring visits, you’ll be doing real ministry and making a real difference. Also overseeing our prayer team, the Care & Prayer Director is a leadership role with spiritual significance.
Put those people skills to work for an eternal purpose. Step up to leadership. We’re looking for a Care & Prayer Director to grow with us at Covenant Church. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Who you are:
- A fully surrendered follower of Christ, with a shepherd’s heart
- A licensed minister with 3-5 years of ministry experience
- A people person with an positive attitude
- Proficient in Office Suite and expense reporting
- Ok with driving for visits and meetings
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of staff and volunteers in prayer ministry and congregational care across Cov campuses
- Coordinate and perform weddings and memorial services
- Build up the prayer team/strategize for its growth and impact
- Train volunteer teams for premarital coaching, congregational care, and personal counseling
- Oversee corporate prayer initiatives
For bonus points:
- You have a Bible verse in your back pocket for literally every situation
- You know your way around a wedding service
- You’ve worked in multi-campus organizations before
When you join the Covenant Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be stronger. And while the biggest perk of working at Covenant is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you’ll find that’s not the only benefit we offer:
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!