Kids Ministry Elementary Coordinator
Kids Ministry Team / Full-Time Position (South Campus)
The Kids Ministry Elementary Coordinator works closely with the Pastors and Director of Children’s Ministry to coordinate all Elementary Services on the South Campus. The main role of this position will be to develop and equip Elementary Dream Teamers for producing all Elementary services. This role will help coordinate the planning, logistics, and resource support needed for all special events and services.
This 40 hour/week position includes office hours, weekend and midweek services, and occasional evening hours, as needed. This position reports directly to the Pastors or Director of Children’s ministry.
The summary below represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Children’s Pastors.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
- Humble—willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
- Hungry—possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
- Smart—equipped with both technical skills and people skills. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. Is self-aware and knows how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Elementary Ministry
- Actively recruit Elementary Dream Teamers
- Empower and equip Elementary Dream Teamers through consistent training and communication
- Ensures that the quality of excellence is upheld at each elementary service.
- Help create an atmosphere where kids will feel this is “the best part of their week”
- Collaborate with the creative coordinator for the visual and written aspects of our Elementary services
- Work with Children’s team on carrying out stage design needed for all services
- Research and recommend creative events/creative ideas for Elementary ministry
- Oversee all Elementary events from planning to execution
- Assist with all Children’s Ministry productions/events
- Schedule all Elementary Dream Teamer’s and Student Leader’s
- Oversee and empower student leaders when serving
- Communicate with Stage Team and Small Group Teachers each week to ensure they are well equipped for their service.
- Prepare games, stage props and activities needed for each service
- Oversee the set up and tear down of all Elementary Services
- Purchase Elementary supplies for South Campus as needed
- Assist in overseeing the student leadership program when in session.
- Serve as one of the communicators to Covenant Kids on the South Campus
- Participate in weekly department meetings to discuss enhancing the Sunday experience and upcoming events
- Ensure that the kids facility areas are clean and set in an excellent manner for all services
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- A love and calling toward ministry to children and families
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills with a particular emphasis on follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to think and act independently with a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience in problem solving
- Supervise multiple projects effectively
- Excellent Team building skills
- Ability to speak on stage
- Ability to learn and use planning Center Online software
- Experience and high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass background/criminal history check
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual +
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Work Ethic that is excellent
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Must share the vision of Covenant Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
When you join the Covenant Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be stronger. And while the biggest perk of working at Covenant is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you’ll find that’s not the only benefit we offer:
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!
Still interested? Then come have fun! And make a genuine difference in the lives of others. We’re looking for people who want to grow with us at Covenant.