Filmmaker & Editor
The Filmmaker/Editor creates visual stories in a variety of formats that connect with and inspire the community of Covenant Church. This position is responsible for all aspects of filmmaking from pre- to post-production including creating and shooting new videos and editing, with a primary focus on post-production. This is a full-time position working 40 hours a week including office hours, weekend and midweek services, and occasional evening hours, as needed.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
• Humble—willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
• Hungry—possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
• Smart—equipped with both technical skills and people skills. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. Is self-aware and knows how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
We are also looking for a person who has:
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Familiarity of post-production arenas including sound design, color grading and shared storage systems
• Functional understanding of lighting and grip gear
• Experience with a variety of cameras and lenses (including Sony A7S ii, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Canon 5D mk IV and EF lenses)
• Ability to add music, dialogue, and sound effects to film
• Excellent design sensibility
• Graphics/animation knowledge (After Effects preferred)
• Proven experience with different video formats, including music video, video for social media (including vertical video), documentaries and narrative
• Engage with higher management with comfort and professionalism
• Willingness to continue technical learning and learn on the fly
• Spiritual gifts of discernment, exhortation and/or creative communication
• Must be able to sit for long periods, carry a camera for an extended time, move heavy equipment and climb ladders
• Administer all aspects of visual storytelling from pre-production (including assembling gear list, lighting, gripping, gaffing, camera and gear prep, striking sets, equipment maintenance, etc.) to filming, to post-production
• Partner with producers and directors in the creative process to develop concepts and scripts
• Create and shoot new video
• Determine most dramatic and impactful approach to best tell a story visually
• Acquire and edit existing footage
• Assemble rough cuts for review and approval
• Prep source media for edit and add music, dialogue, and sound effects to film
• Improve workflow
• Develop skills and stay up to date with the newest industry practices
• Archive completed projects