Print Service Supervisor
The Print Service Supervisor directs and supervises the operation of printing services; makes work assignments and supervises print personnel to assure efficient workflow and high-quality publications; train, schedule, and evaluate the performance of assigned print personnel; consult with the Communications Director for establishing priorities and deadlines.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
- Humble—willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
- Hungry—possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
- Smart—equipped with both technical skills and people skills. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. Is self-aware and knows how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
We are also looking for a person who will:
- Plan, organize, and supervise the delivery of printing services to administration
- Review incoming work, prepare production instructions, estimate production time, establish priority, and schedule work
- Train, supervise, and evaluate personnel
- Plan and organize work
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Control expenditures
- Operate a wide variety of equipment utilized in printing
- Be self-motivated
- Operating both digital and large format production printers and finishing equipment:
XEROX COLOR V180 PRODUCTION PRINTER
CANON 5F9FPRODUCTION PRINTER
MIMAKI CJV 150-160 LARGE FORMAT SOLVENT PRINTER AND CUTTER
MIMAKI UCJV 300-160 LARGE FORMAT PRINTER AND CUTTER
DUPLO (DSS-350) SQUARE BINDER, (DBM-150T) TRIMMER, AND (DSF-2200) SHEET FEEDER
- Organize, assign, and direct the operation of the printing services function and oversee the maintenance of publication equipment, train staff in the operation of print room equipment
- Supervise printing, finishing, and distribution of approved deliverables
- Requisition supplies related to publication according to established procedures
- Examine material submitted for printing and maintain quality control of deliverables
- Train, assign, and supervise the performance of assigned personnel
- Research printing equipment and purchases; provide technical recommendations and analysis of new equipment as necessary
- Assure proper maintenance and repair of departmental equipment; maintain current knowledge of technical advances in the field
- Review incoming work, prepare production instructions, estimate production time, maintain priority (as given by the direct report), and schedule work for the various phases of production
- Approve expenditures according to established guidelines; order and maintain inventory of paper stock, substrates, ink, chemicals, and other supplies and equipment
- Keeping the production department clean and organized
- Running errands or deliveries as needed