Lead or Assistant Teacher –
The Learning Center
TLC Team / Full-Time Position
Teachers at the Learning Center create a nurturing (and fun!) educational environment for little ones enrolled at TLC, aged six weeks to five years old.
You’re thrilled to see a child’s eyes light up when they learn something new. You think playtime is underrated. You completely don’t mind breaking out into silly songs every now and then. You should be somewhere where your gift for teaching and inspiring little ones can be appreciated and cultivated. That’s where we come in. As a teacher at The Learning Center, you won’t just be a babysitter. You’ll be making a significant and rewarding difference in the lives of children and their families.
Covenant Church’s mission is to equip people to know God, find freedom, discover their purpose, and make a difference. The Learning Center at Covenant Church is an early learning program that helps children hit developmental milestones and prepares them for a lifetime of learning. And our teachers are at the heart of that work. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Who you are:
- A faith-driven individual who adores working with kids
- A relationship-oriented person with a can-do attitude
- Someone with a bachelor’s/associate degree in Early Childhood Education or a CDA
- A high school graduate
- An organized multi-tasker who loves to whistle while you work
What you’ll do:
- Teach lessons in an upbeat and encouraging way
- Facilitate classroom schedule, including outdoor time, meals, and special activities
- Schedule and attend parent/teacher conferences, as needed
- Keep track of your students’ developmental milestones and attendance
- Dance a little, bend a little, lift a little
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play, learn, and express themselves!
For bonus points:
- You have nonprofit experience
- You know your way around Abeka and Frog Street Curriculum
- You know the difference between PJ Masks and Paw Patrol
When you join the Covenant Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be stronger. And while the biggest perk of working at Covenant is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you’ll find that’s not the only benefit we offer:
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!