Worship & Creative Pastor
Worship Ministry Team / Full-Time Position
The Worship & Creative Pastor leads vibrant, diverse, vision-aligned creative environments that help people encounter the presence of God and respond passionately. This position champions the pastoring, equipping, and empowering of staff and team members in the worship and creative ministries of Covenant Church across all campuses.
The ideal Worship and Creative Pastor is:
- Humble. They are willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
- Hungry. They possess the energy and drive to do their work with excellence. They are committed to an innovative pursuit of excellence and new ways to advance the church in ministry.
- Smart. They are equipped with both technical skills and people skills, demonstrating emotional intelligence, and working well with others. They are self-aware and understand the impact of their words and actions on the team.
- A relational leader of leaders. They have an orientation towards serving and empowering others and building strong teams.
- Forward leaning and focused. They excel in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment, maintaining an optimistic outlook and a positive attitude.
- Attentive. They utilize highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Committed. They embody the mission, vision, and values of Covenant Church with integrity and passion. They are committed to Covenant Church Vision above personal passion.
The ideal Worship and Creative Pastor has:
- A gifting to lead worship:
- Extensive experience in leading worship and an excellent vocalist. (Proficiency with a rhythm instrument is preferred.)
- Fluent in a variety of contemporary styles of music and a champion of diverse expressions.
- Proficient knowledge of music theory (a degree or equivalent training/experience preferred).
- A call to pastor people:
- Growing and healthy walk with the Lord; participating in God-honoring relationships, communication, accountability, and generosity.
- Builds meaningful relationships inside and outside of their team through care, discipleship, and development.
- Motivated to help people realize and reach their full potential.
- A track record of leading thriving teams:
- An ability to zoom in and zoom out as needed to maintain strategic insight while accomplishing both short-term and long-term priorities.
- Provide clear and connected leadership to staff and volunteers.
- Present church vision and represent the heart of the leadership team well.
- Accomplish work through other leaders and in collaboration with other teams.
- Oriented towards developing and consistently improving scalable, high-quality systems and processes for accomplishing goals and objecting.
The ideal Worship and Creative Pastor will:Weekend Responsibilities (Services)
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor for a unified vision of the Sunday worship experience.
- Serve as the primary worship leader at the broadcast campus; effectively leading the weekend worship teams and experiences, ensuring spiritual and musical preparation.
- Set the tone by arriving early, ready to engage and prepare the atmosphere for worship.
- Lead and cultivate a vibrant worship culture within Covenant Church.
- Lead creative planning for services and special events including cohesive and impactful song sets for Sunday services across all campuses.
- Provide direction and leadership to Worship and Creative staff.
- Oversee scheduling, preparation and rehearsal of musician and singers.
- Cultivate the worship and creative leadership development pipeline including a regular team night.
- Oversee writing, production, and distribution of Covenant Worship music projects.
- Provide creative direction and input for media and video teams.
- Effectively oversee department budgets, staff schedules, and stewardship of department resources (gear, supplies, etc.).
- Attend weekly Central Lead Team meetings and communicate information to department teams.
- Covenant Church member in good standing
- Committed to Covenant Church and the vision of the ministry
- Personal and spiritual maturity to function among varying levels of ministry personnel and leadership
- Committed to ongoing personal spiritual growth
- Willingness to learn new methods and software
- Must be able to work additional hours (as needed)
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to maintain continuous sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling & carrying
- Must be able to continually turn & flex or rotation of the wrist(s), hands, fingers and spine
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Must be 18 years of age and have valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass background/criminal history check
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual +
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!